I saw plenty of recipes for this in the slow cooker but I didn't have that kind of time so I whipped this baby up in about 45 minutes (minus the marinating time of course). It was O so delic!
But before I Get to that, let me talk about my new favorite thing--CONSCIOUS BOX.
"Conscious Box is a of and products that are handpicked from businesses that care for the planet—.
Here is a picture of my May box and the description card.
All kinds of goodies that are sustainable and contribute to my "natural body and spirit" philosophy I am trying to adopt! Only $19 a month and totally worth it! I love finding out about products that probably wouldn't have know about any other way. So very happy to be a subscriber.
But that's not why you came here is it lol. Ok here is the recipe!
adapted from budget bites<- lots of cool recipes!
|And oven roasted veggies as a side of course (TheHubby had rice)|
- 4 lbs of bone in chicken (with skin)
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 rice wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 Tbsp honey or 3 packets of stevia
- 2 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1 Tbsp black peppercorns
1. Arrange chicken in a large pot in one layer. Use a knife to poke a few holes on both sides of the chicken so the marinade can penetrate.
2. Combine the rest of the ingredients in a bowl (sou, vinegar, honey or stevia, oil garlic, peppercorns), whisk together, and pour over chicken in pot. Cover and refrigerate for an hour of more (even over night). Rotate every so often.
3. When you're ready, add enough water so that the liquid mixture comes just above the top of the chicken. About 1/2 cup. Cover pot with lid and bring to a boil. Once it starts boiling, reduce to medium heat and let simmer for 30 minutes
4. Preheat your broiler to high. Remove chicken from pot and put on a cookie sheet. Place chicken in oven under broiler until it is brown and crispy on top (5-10 minutes depending on your broiler. I can't figure out my broiler over here in the UK so it took a while longer for me).
5. While the chicken broils, turn liquid up to high and bring to boil again. Boil until the liquid is heavily reduced to less than half. Takes a little longer than the broiling chicken. 5 minutes into broiling, I use a brush to put a little sauce on top of the chicken then stick it back in the oven
6. Remove chicken and pour a little of the sauce over the top of it. I served it up with some chicken broccoli rice and broccoli for TheHubby and just grilled veggies for me, the Carbless wonder. Top with Green onions if you're fancy.
Do you subscribe to any sample boxes??