This has felt like the longest week in history. I can't say that I have come through it unscathed, but I can say that I am rolling with the punches. Let's do a quick catch up.
- My baby died. Yep, my little Toro found himself a little popcorn bag and unfortunately he couldn't get his head out of it. I can't begin to describe how I felt when I walked down the stairs and found him. Sheer horror and panic. I ran to him and I just remember screaming and crying. It is amazing how much you can fall in love with an animal even in a short time. And I was absolutely smitten with little Toro. He made me smile every single day and he was my companion through all my craziness. I truly miss my little baby. But I learned a valuable lesson; while you can't prepare for everything, you must remember that it is the little things that can do the most harm. Good lesson for having kids.
- On the same note, mommy urged me to get another puppy ASAP so that I wouldn't be sitting alone crying for my baby all day. So I did. At first I thought "Hell No! How could I ever get another puppy or love anything like I loved him. And so soon?" But something in me pushed for a new baby to love and take care of, and I am so glad it did. I am SURE I would have been absolutely miserable in here thinking about Toro. You have no idea how many times I have called him only to realize that he wasn't there. So here is Mugsy Bowles Neal AKA Gangsta BKA Mugs. At first I felt like he was an impostor. I was waiting for him to do things that Toro did and expecting way to much. Once I took the time to really tell myself "This is a completely different baby, and ts not fair to him for you to be so judgmental. Love HIM and his personality" I was able to truly start to move on. It took for me to just say his name without having to mentally correct myself first, but we are much better now. And I love him and his long licks lol.
- Wedding was fab and the vacation was tiring and fattening to say the least. Came back weighing 12 lbs more than I did when I left. But this cleanse and workout schedule is sure to get me back in fighting shape.
- Looking for a job now. Who the hell knows how long that is going to take, not looking forward to it.
- Tried a Bantu knot twist out and I LOVEEEEEEEEEEE it. Thinking about straightening my hair more but not sure yet. It really depends on if my curl pattern is going to hold or not. I don't want to lose my natural curls.
Well I think that is my life in a nutshell. Looking forward to time passing and healing wounds.
HAVE YOU EVER LOST A PET? DO YOU EVER TRULY GET OVER IT?