WHAT IS IT??
- The rate at which we burn the calories we consume
- Why people can eat like ass and still be skinny
- Why I can watch every calorie and lose .5 lbs in 3 weeks!
HOW TO REV IT UP??
- Any amount of movement (get your ass up)
- Increase in body temperature increases metabolism by 14% (stinky hot sweat box yoga for example, otherwise known as Bikram)
- Eating protein (this is also a huge way of decreasing water retention, that and drinking copious amounts of water!)
- Adequate sleep
- Eat all day (letting your body get hungry means it will hold EVERYTHING you put in once you do eat)
HOW TO SCREW IT UP??
- Fasting for over 12 hours decreases your metabolic rate by 40% (thinking of fasting to lose weight...no way)
- Some part of metabolism is genetic
- Not exercising
HOW TO KICK IT'S ASS??
- Exercising in the morning will kick start your metabolism into burn mode
- Coffee (in small amounts) is also really good for your metabo
- Water- Start the day with a huge glass and drink at least 2L throughout
- Green Tea-metabolism, anti-cancer, weight management, mood enhancement, ect- cant say enough about the stuff
- Soup- Start with soup as an appetizer and you will certainly get full faster and eat less
- Grapefruit- you already know about this
- Apples- Keep the doctor away AND they help release water retention
- Hot peppers- Hot spices in general curb your appetite and make you feel full. Here is why- Capsaicin (a chemical found in jalapeno and cayenne peppers) temporarily stimulates your body to release more stress hormones, which speeds up your metabolism and causes you to burn more calories.